Effective Date: September 12, 2017
Telaria Advertising Services
How Telaria’s services collect and use information to deliver advertisements
We work with sellers of video advertising inventory, or sellers, to display video ads to you before, during or after the content that you view. In order to do this, we receive certain information from the websites and apps where videos are displayed. The information we receive may include your device’s IP address, location-related data, the web page URL or app you are viewing a video in, video player size, the video title, description, or category being displayed, the date and time of video display, browser or device type, and a cookie or device identifier. We use this information in combination with other information our clients give us, which may include data (e.g., demographic data) from other third parties, to match the ad opportunity with the right advertisement provided by third party advertisers and advertising platforms.
Once we deliver that advertisement, we may receive information about how you interact with that ad, such as how long you view it and whether you click through to visit the advertiser.
Other ways that Telaria uses data it collects or receives
In addition to delivering advertising as described above, we may also use the information we directly collect, or receive from third parties, in the following ways:
- To perform analytics and research;
- Reporting, frequency capping, and attribution regarding advertisements; and
- To develop, improve, and market our services.
How Telaria shares data it collects through its services
As described above, we share certain information in order to deliver advertising. We may also share information with our affiliates, third party partners, and agents for various other uses, including:
- To perform analytics and research;
- To perform services on our behalf;
- To market or advertise to you;
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes;
- To protect our rights and to defend against lawsuits; and
- In the event that we acquire, are acquired by, or merge with another entity, including at bankruptcy.
The Telaria advertising service is directed to, and intended for use by, adults only. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen.
Industry Choice Programs
Telaria supports industry self-regulatory programs for the digital advertising industry, such as the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). To learn more about the DAA and its Self-Regulatory Principles you can visit here.
You may be able to limit our collection and use of precise location data by using your mobile device’s location services settings. These settings may vary from device to device. You may also be able to use the settings offered by your mobile or other Internet connected device to limit the collection of data from that device for advertising purposes. To use those settings, you should check your device’s settings menu. Note that if you use those choice settings, some data may still be collected from your device for various other purposes, and you will still see advertising on that device. For more information regarding device settings, you can visit our device opt-out guide here.
Telaria Corporate Website
www.telaria.com is the corporate website of Telaria. This website (the “Telaria Site” or “Site”) provides current and prospective customers, partners, job seekers, and other visitors with information about our products and services, and gives users the opportunity to contact us for further information.
What information does the Telaria Site collect?
Personally identifiable information
Personally identifiable information includes name, email address, mailing address, or phone number.
This information visitors voluntarily provide to the Telaria Site. Personally identifiable information is collected on the Telaria Site in various instances including, without limitation:
- Information requests. A Site user, typically a current or prospective customer, partner, or job seeker, submits an inquiry to the Site such as using the “Contact Us”, “Request a Demo” and “Sign Me Up” functions, and provides his or her name, address, email address, and/or telephone number so that Telaria is able to respond.
- Comment on news, blog, or other posting. A user posts a comment in the blog or news section of the Site, and submits his or her name and email address with the post.
- Subscribe to email newsletter.
To subscribe to the Telaria email newsletter, a user provides his or her name, email address, and other contact information. Each newsletter will provide the user with the option of unsubscribing from future newsletters.
- Subscription feed. A user subscribes to the Site’s subscription function by providing his or her email address.
- Access to Telaria’s web-based client interface. A current Telaria client accesses the client/customer-only areas of the Site by submitting his or her username and password.
- Request for feedback. From time to time, the Telaria Site may ask users for voluntary feedback that will help us improve the Site. In connection with such feedback, a user may choose to provide optional name and contact information.
- Promotions, sweepstakes, or contests. From time to time, Telaria may sponsor or co-sponsor promotions, sweepstakes or contests, in response to which a user may provide information, such as his or her name, email address, or other contact information, and/or to answer certain questions on an entry form.
Usage information includes demographic information (such as age, gender, city, or state) and a user’s clickstream information. The Telaria Site collects information about users and stores it in log files. This information includes usage information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit this Site, including information about your web request, your IP address, your browser type, browser language, date, and time of the request.
How does Telaria use information collected by the Telaria Site?
Personally identifiable information
Telaria uses the personally identifiable information you provide to respond to your inquiries and requests, and to keep accurate records concerning the services you are requesting through the Telaria Site.
Telaria generally uses usage information in aggregated form to help measure the Telaria Site’s performance and effectiveness, and to improve its features and usefulness.
With whom does Telaria share personally identifiable information collected on the Telaria Site?
Telaria may share the personally identifiable information with its service providers that help Telaria provide services, such as delivery of our email newsletters, to help Telaria manage information provided by job seekers for possible employment with us, other business operations, or as described in this policy.
Telaria may also transfer or assign the information it collects on the Site to any successor-in-interest to Telaria (such as a company that acquires Telaria or through a bankruptcy proceeding), or internally to one or more affiliates (such as a corporate subsidiary or parent). Telaria may also disclose personally identifiable information about a user if it determines that an applicable law, regulation or legal process requires it, or if Telaria determines that it needs to share such information to protect or enforce Telaria’s rights or the rights of another user.
Telaria maintains safeguards to help protect the security, integrity and privacy of the personally identifiable information within our reasonable control.
Links to other websites
Cookies and similar technology
We may partner with certain third parties that collect information from the Site, as well as other non-affiliated websites and mobile apps, over time in order to deliver more relevant advertising to your browser or device, as well as on various devices that may be associated with it. This activity is called interest-based advertising. For more information about interest-based advertising, and to exercise choice regarding companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) WebChoices, please visit here. After you exercise choice, you will still receive advertising but it may be less relevant to you. Also, those third parties may continue to collect information for purposes other than interest-based advertising including analytics, frequency capping, and other operational purposes. If you use other devices or browsers, or clear your cookies, you may need to make your choices again.
Collection of information from minors
The Telaria Site is directed to, and intended for use by, adults only. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen, we will delete such information from our records.